Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Bear King: The Winds

East Wind
West Wind
South Wind
North Wind 
The Winds

When Lene looses the Bear King, she goes on a quest to find him. All she knows is that he is East of the Sun, West of the Moon. Asking about, she is finally greeted with the East Wind, who says that, while she doesn't know where the Bear King is, perhaps her sister the West Wind will. Lene travels with the East Wind, West Wind, South Wind, and finally the North Wind who is able to carry her to her destination. 

Although they are a relatively small part of the story, I still was eager to design the Winds. They are ideas personified, and are in some way minor Gods, while at the same time more physically represent Lene's real dive down into a mystical realm. Before that, Lene lives with the Bear King, who is trapped halfway between the Human World and the Magical. But with her pursuit of the Bear, she leaves the Human World behind entirely for the sake of her quest. Plus they are cool.

I really wanted to make them look human-like, but also otherworldly. I don't want them to be mistaken for actual people. I hope you like them!


2 comments:

  1. THESE ARE FANTASTIC! The clouds are her hair! I can't stop looking at them. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete