Saturday, January 21, 2012
The Bear King: Nighttime
Another image from The Bear King. Here, Lene has arrived at the Bear King's home, where she is well taken care of. However, each night, after all the lights go out, something climbs into bed and sleeps beside her....
Wow! It's been a while since I did one of these 'landscapes'. I actually started this one, probably 8 months ago, but I've only finished it now. I decided to make the bed really wide, the emphasis being that nothing untoward is happening. The 'being' is defiantly staying on its side. But I still want Lene to be suprised, without actually fearing for her well being.
You are gonna wanna zoom in on this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yoshi, this is beautiful. That wood texture on the bedpost is so satisfying. And the headboard's pattern, and the color and lighting...success.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite pieces I've seen from you, Yosh. Really beautiful. Super well composed, textured and colored. (Although if you didn't want her to look terrified, you might wanna revise her expression.)
ReplyDelete