Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Talking Bird, Singing Tree, Golden Water -- A Discussion Among Siblings

    

A scene from The Talking Bird, The Singing Tree, and the Golden Water. This takes place shortly after the departure of the Holy Woman. In this scene, the brothers Bahman and Perviz detect something is troubling Parizade. Questioning her, they discover about the talking bird, singing tree, and golden water that she has just learned about. She confesses to her brothers that she has an unreasonable desire for them, and feels that for some reason, she needs them.

I had set this piece aside for a while, because I wasn't sure how to proceed with the colors. Finally coming back to it, I'm really happy with the result that I've created after my long absence. Thinking on it, I do believe that the piece I would have made a month ago is different from the image I've completed today. I almost feel like there is a crossroads in time, and I wonder what the other piece would have looked like, but I am still pleased with this one.

Tim asked where I got inspiration for the wall patterns. (To see a process shot of the wall, click here) To that, I've been looking at a lot of Islamic Mosques. There is A LOT of pattern in the tiles, especially floral swirls and designs. But a good part of it was just what I felt like drawing at the moment. *grin* Please enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely :) I'm impressed by how your work has leaped since you graduated :D Did you write out the story already?

    ReplyDelete